- 09-Jan-2014 to 22-Jan-2014 (CST)
- Thomas, OK, USA
- Full Time
This position demands excellent customer service skills and installs, maintains and services customer premises equipment. This includes performing initial wiring or rewiring for new subscriber systems, diagnosing and repairing trouble at customer premises, in switching equipment, voice frequency repeaters, loop extenders, and cable loading systems.
The normal hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, including a Saturday rotation with occasional overtime and will be on call via a rotating on-call schedule.
Residence Requirements: Local Service Administrators, Local Managers, Multi-Service Techs, Combination Techs, and Customer Service Representatives, are generally required to reside within 30 minutes of the boundaries of one of the exchanges covered by the local business office in which they work. Any exception to this requirement would require Executive Management approval.
Essential Job Functions:
• Installs new services and equipment for subscribers involving drop wires, station protectors and network interface devices using appropriate tools and test equipment.
• Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports in an accurately and timely manner.
• Analyzes faults by using appropriate test equipment for both copper and fiber plant.
• Confers with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions and/or explains the use of new equipment or features installed.
• Install fiber ont's and splice fiber drops.
• Install and repair router solutions for home networking, new television applications and associated equipment.
• Will be required to work in other locations determined by customer driven workload.
• Responds to after hour emergency call out via rotating on call schedule.
• Commits to performing job duties in a manner that ensures a safe work environment.
• Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three months related experience and/or training.
• Must maintain a good driving record and a valid driver license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic electronics, color codes, and electrical wiring techniques.
• Knowledge of programming in local C.O. switches.
• Knowledge of company products/services, policies and procedures.
• Ability to splice copper and fiber cable.
• Good written, verbal, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
• Basic knowledge in operating a personal computer and software applications pertaining to job function.
• Skill in prioritizing, completing multiple projects, identifying problems and finding resolutions.
• Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing technical environment.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to handle angry or confused customers.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player and project a positive attitude.
• Ability to meet deadlines, perform under stress and achieve optimum results.
• Ability to read and interpret various formats of English language instruction.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy.
• Ability to demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
• Able and willing to continue business skill development including attending training away from home for an extended time frame.
• Able and willing to be on call and work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
• Sitting or standing for extended periods, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity including close vision.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
• Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, dig ditches, reach over head and work in a confined area.
• Ability to work in all weather environments.
• Must be able to distinguish colors.
• Must be able to climb and stand on a ladder for extended periods.
• Able to drive for extended periods.
• Able to learn and apply pole-climbing techniques.
• Able to work around insects and reptiles, on occasion.
(Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical requirements).
If you are unable to utilize the online application process and would like to speak to a representative, please call 405.375.0318 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. If the representative is unavailable, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!