- 19-Apr-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- Kingfisher, OK, USA
- Full Time
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and direct all Accounting department activities.
The normal hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional after hours and weekend duty.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervises department personnel by assigning and ensuring quality of work, handling personnel and customer service issues, scheduling resources and monitoring workflow to ensure its timely completion.
• Assists in developing and implementing in-house accounting programs and maintains accounting systems, software and procedures to ensure the proper accounting and recording of company transactions.
• Prepares and provides financial statements, analysis, and other key management reports.
• Confers with upper management about budgeting, planning, implementing, and reviewing strategies to meet overall goals and objectives.
• Communicates company goals and provides training, guidance, support, and direction to administrator, coordinator and employees to ensure work is performed in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
• Evaluates departmental performance and makes adjustments to daily operations when needed to ensure the department meets overall goals and objectives.
• Assists staff with the more complex customer service and departmental issues.
• Creates and maintains a work environment that encourages positive employee relationships within the division and other departments to establish a climate of openness and trust.
• Exemplifies dependability standards through adherence to timelines and schedules.
• Coordinates year-end audit with external auditors and assists in the preparation of audit schedules, data, and information.
• Works closely with financial institutions concerning all banking activities, changes, enhancements, and charges.
• Maintains and updates function codes, and department and/or division codes for company.
• Commits to performing job tasks in a manner that ensures a safe work environment.
• Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting.
• Five years related experience and/or training.
• Must maintain a good driving record and a valid driver license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong working knowledge of accounting business operations and general management principles and practices.
• Advanced knowledge of accounting concepts and accounting principles.
• Skill in problem solving and resolution.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and work on multiple projects.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of department & company products/services, policies and procedures.
• Strong presentation, verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
• Proficient in operating a personal computer and software applications pertaining to job function.
• Ability to lead, coach and motivate employees to achieve top levels of performance and meet or exceed overall goals and objectives.
• Ability to create a team environment, foster a positive atmosphere and sustain employee morale.
• Ability to read and interpret various formats of English language instruction.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy.
• Able and willing to continue business skill development by attending training away from home for extended hours, weekends and holidays.
• Sitting or standing for extended periods, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity including close vision.
• Occasionally may be required to lift up to 20lbs.
• May be required occasionally to stoop, kneel or bend.
(Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical requirements.)
If you are unable to utilize the online application process and would like to speak to a representative, please call 405.375.0318 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. If the representative is unavailable, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!