- 19-Apr-2013 to 06-May-2013 (CST)
- Kingfisher, OK, USA
- Full Time
Typically operates equipment such as backhoes, vibratory plow, aerial digger truck, directional boring machine and trenchers in burying cable plant.
The normal hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with occasional after hours and weekend duty.
Essential Job Functions:
• Places buried and aerial cable by operating a variety of equipment.
• Maintains equipment by performing or scheduling routine and emergency maintenance.
• Restores and cleans up work area when job is completed.
• Splices, terminates, and maintains aerial and buried line up to 25 pair.
• Locates underground facilities.
• Commits to performing job tasks in a manner that ensures a safe working environment.
• Willingly and cooperatively responds to outside plant emergency calls as needed.
• Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must maintain a good driving record and a valid Class A CDL driver license.
• Completion of pole climbing school and bucket truck training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of telecommunication construction and cable installation practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of state and federal safety regulations.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Knowledge of company products/services, policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating various vehicles, heavy machinery and heavy construction equipment such as backhoe, sneaker, vibratory plow, etc.
• Ability to learn cable splicing techniques and color code.
• Ability to read and interpret various formats of English language instruction such as maps and staking sheets.
• Good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Skill in prioritizing, completing multiple tasks, identifying problems and finding resolutions.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to meet deadlines, perform under stress and achieve optimum results.
• Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy.
• Demonstrates dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player and project a positive attitude.
• Able and willing to be on call and work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
• Able and willing to continue technical skill development by attending training away from home for an extended time frame.
• Must be able to hear and have visual acuity including close vision.
• Occasionally may be required to lift up to 75lbs.
• Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, bend, and crawl and be able to move about the work site.
• Must be able to be active for 8 to 10 hours a day.
• Ability to work on and in a bucket truck, climb poles and work in confined areas.
• Ability to drive for an extended amount of time.
• Must be able to distinguish colors.
(Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical requirements.)
To apply for this position, please go to Pioneer Telephone's website at www.ptci.com and utilize the online application process by clicking "apply here" located at the bottom of the job opening information.
If you are unable to utilize the online application process and would like to speak to a representative, please call 405.375.0318 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. If the representative is unavailable, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!